Choosing the right roofing system for your company building can be an overwhelming decision. Among other choices, a building with a flat roof can take advantage of modified bitumen (MD) roofing or EPDM rubber roofing. Which is better for you needs? We’ll provide information below that might answer this question.
You’ll find that EPDM is an excellent option for a commercial or industrial roof and there are many reasons behind this statement. Let’s look at some of the most positive aspects of choosing an EDPM roofing system from WeatherTight.
- Insulates heat and protects from water – If energy efficiency is something that matters to you, EPDM is an excellent choice. This type of roof will insulate your building to trap heat and cut down on the cost of your energy bills. It’s also great for protecting against leaks and water damage.
- No required reinforcements – EPDM is lightweight, which means that as a replacement system, there is no need to add structural adjustments to the deck of the roof. Installation is quick and straightforward.
- Repairs are a breeze – Professional roofing companies love EPDM because repairs are straightforward. In some cases, you may not need a professional to repair your EPDM roof, and even if you do, it will be done quickly.
- Extremely long lifespan – An installation of EPDM can last for anywhere from 30 to 50 years. It’s great for handling extreme weather and temperatures. With minimal maintenance, you can count on EPDM.
Modified Bitumen (MB) Roofing
MB is certainly no slouch when it comes to roofing, either. It has different advantages that might make it more useful for your business, depending on what you are looking for.
- Similar to built-up roofing – If you are considering BUR roofing, MB is similar, but it’s also more affordable. MB has the same strength as built-up roofing and requires minimal labor. The layers are assembled in a factory, which makes the application even less complicated.
- Costs are affordable – Modified bitumen is less expensive than BUR. It also has excellent durability which means saving on repairs and maintenance in the years that it is used.
- Traffic is no problem – In areas of high-traffic, MB is the favorite of many professionals. The membranes used are hard to puncture or tear, which means it can take a beating and keep going.
- Environmentally friendly choice – MB roofing is a material that doesn’t end up discarded at the end of its life. Instead, it can be recycled into other products. Because of that, there is less impact on the environment compared to other commercial roofing materials.
Two Great Choices
Here at WeatherTight Systems, Inc., we offer both EPDM and MB roofing systems, as well as several other commercial roofing materials. No matter which commercial roofing material best serves your building’s individual needs, we provide experienced and skilled technicians to carry out your installation. There’s no trusted name like WeatherTight Systems, Inc. for commercial roofing contractors. To learn more, you can visit us at www.WeatherTightRoof.com.